What is InTime?
InTime is our online portal where contractors working through Grovelands can submit their timesheets, and review and receive invoices for the work they complete in any given week.
Once you’ve been placed into a role you will be set up with an InTime account and sent secure login details. A link to the system will be sent via email and you will need to enter a password and input your PSC (public services company) or limited company’s bank details so you can be paid on time and into the correct bank account.
It might sound obvious, but it’s really important that you enter your bank details into the system when you first login otherwise payment to your bank account will be delayed.
Once your account has been set up, you will be able to submit new weekly timesheets, access previous timesheets and invoices, and enter and update your bank details.
What can you do on InTime?
• Contractors to submit time worked
• Clients to approve timesheets
• Grovelands to submit timesheets directly to umbrella companies
• Self-bill invoices to be generated at the end of the invoicing period, based on approved time for contractors
• Contractors to access historic timesheets and self-bill invoices
Timesheet Submission Process
Once you have submitted time for the week, your line manager will then access the system and approve the time submitted. Here is a detailed breakdown of the process that should be followed:
- You will receive an email with a PDF attachment of your invoicing schedule when you are first placed into your role (if you need this resent to you, please speak to a member of our team).
- Familiarise yourself with your invoicing schedule and make a note of the dates and deadlines included in the document.
- After each week of work, we recommend that you submit your timesheet by Sunday at the latest. (For each day worked you will enter 1 unit on your timesheet.)
- Timesheets will be approved on Monday morning by your line manager. If you didn’t submit a timesheet by Sunday, this will cause delays to you getting paid. (Please note, managers can approve, reject or revise the time you have submitted.)
- Time must be submitted and approved by Tuesday at the very latest. This is a one day grace period in case there were any issues on Sunday or Monday. If time is not submitted or approved by the end of the working day on Tuesday, you will not be paid on time and payment will fall into the next period.
- You will receive your new self-bill invoice detailing the amount you will be paid for that period on the self-bill date noted in your invoicing schedule.
- This self-bill invoice must be checked to ensure the time submitted has been recorded correctly and the payment amount due is correct. All details in this self-bill invoice should be checked e.g. bank details, VAT, pay rate etc.
- Self-bill queries can be raised before the query deadline noted in your invoicing schedule. If you miss this deadline, the details in the self-bill we sent you will remain the same e.g. payment due, bank details etc.
- You will be paid the amount due in your self-bill on the payment date noted in your invoicing schedule. The information included on your self-bill will dictate how much you will be paid, which account it will be paid into, how much VAT you will pay and your pay rate – that’s why it’s really important for you to follow step 7 and check that all the details noted in this document are correct well ahead of your payday.
This process will be repeated from steps 3 – 9 on an ongoing basis during your time working through Grovelands.
Using a new timesheet system can be a lot to take in so we’ve created a help centre that contractors can access to answer common questions and provide further details about the system. It’s really useful so check it out if you have any issues!
Exceptions to the rule
Contractors working through an umbrella company
When you work as a contractor you have the choice to work through your own limited company or an umbrella company. If you work through an umbrella company, only steps 3 – 5 will be relevant to you in the timesheet submission process noted above. You will need to speak to your umbrella company directly for details about when and how you will be paid.
Client’s Online Timesheet System
Some clients use their own online timesheet system so some contractors will not use InTime to submit their timesheets. A member of our team will let you know if you need to use a different system. However, all contractors will still have access to the InTime system and have an InTime account so self-bill invoices and bank details can be uploaded. If you are required to submit your timesheets through our client’s timesheet system, steps 5 – 9 will still be relevant to you in the submission process noted above.
Setting you up with an account on our client’s timesheet system will vary so please speak to a member of our team for more information if you fall into this group.
In some instances, it is necessary for our contractors to submit expenses, these can be submitted through the InTime system. Before any expenses can be submitted or approved on the system, authorisation will be required from our client beforehand. Please speak to a member of the recruitment team to get this set up.
Need to speak to someone?
Contact us on +44 (0)1273 651 500 or email us at email@example.com